Colt M203 37mm Launcher | 12" Barrel | URX II Rail M203 Interface
"150 Made by Colt. Original Colt Defense Manufactured with roll mark: "Launcher, Grenade M203 40mm"
For the first time ever the Colt M203 Launcher offered in 37mm, built in a lightweight, single-shot, breech-loaded weapon specifically designed to be attached to the M4 Carbine and the M16A2 and A4 Rifles. It creates a versatile combination weapon system, capable of firing both 5.56mm rifle ammunition as well as the complete range of 37mm ammunitions. A complete self-cocking firing mechanism, including barrel latch, trigger and positive safety lever is included in the receiver, which allows the M203 to be operated as a completely independent weapon even though attached to the Colt M4 Carbine or the Colt M16A4 Rifle. The M203 provides Colt M4 Carbines and Colt M16A2/A4 Rifles with breaching, defilade, and area engagement capabilities, making it an essential tool for every modern army.
- Lightweight, single-shot, breech-loaded 37mm
- Designed to be attached to the M4 Carbine and the M16A2/A4 Rifles
- Capable of firing the complete range of 37mm ammunitions
- Self-cocking firing mechanism, including barrel latch, trigger and positive safety lever
- Can operate as a completely independent weapon
- CALIBER: 37 mm
- WEIGHT: 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg)
- METHOD OF OPERATION: single shot / breech load
- BARREL LENGTH: 12 in.
- EFFECTIVE RANGE: 400 m
Part Number: KM23184
The URX II Rail M203 Interface allows the user to maintain a free float system when utilizing an M203 grenade launcher creating a more accurate weapon system
Originally the URXII was Knight's Armament Company's Submission for the Rail Interface System II (RIS II)
3 contracts were awarded in 2005
- Daniel Defense (Eventually winning the contract)
- Free Floating Rail concept
- Free Floating Grenade Launcher capability
- More Accurate System